Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Can You Keep Your Wedding Secret?

Trying to Keep Your Wedding a Secret? Think Again! It’s no news that brides today want to keep their ideas sacred until the day of the reveal. However, there is always someone who has a tendency of leaking out the private info! My philosophy has been if you want someone to know your wedding secrets make sure you tell people who have no mute button. It’s sure to be on the front page of the Post in no time! If you are like me, one who likes the element of surprise, try to keep things unwrapped! I know it’s hard because the ideas are so awesome. But all it does is cause friction when one of your friends or family gets engaged and wants to follow your lead per say. I call it a compliment. Yet some of our clients decide to change everything 2 weeks before their wedding because they cannot have someone else “stealing” from the cookie jar. We’ve had brides that have lost thousands due to this. Ridiculous “only” to those who don’t have the budget to blow! Speaking of secrets there are so many celebrities that manage to take the plunge without media or anyone stepping in. Let’s use Actress Renee Zellweger who pulled off an awesome wedding to country singer Kenny Chesney on a Monday of all days! This was just to keep the press away! Totally caught us all by surprise and was on a beach in the Virgin Islands. Talk about spontaneous! Or was it??? Maybe Renee was a really good secret keeper! This was also the same idea for Heidi Klum and Seal. They said their vows off shore and kept it simple. It seems like when weddings are kept small and simple there is less to chat about and lots left over for the imagination to work through. I had a recent bride whose brother got engaged a few months into her planning. It seemed like everything we planned, the fiancé was following close behind. My client was infuriated when she found out the bride was wearing the same designer as she was. It became increasingly annoying for me as I had to hear about this all the time. I couldn’t stand that all of our great ideas were being discussed all over the place. It wasn’t until I confronted my client and realized, she was the one leaking the information! Did she not know the mute button? I mean if she wanted this to be a secret reveal, why did she discuss this with the other bride and her brother? So here’s my question…Ladies how do you expect to keep your wedding a secret if you choose to chat? If there are some stories where someone “copied” off your fabulous ideas, what did you do to veer away from this pattern? As always, looking for some good gossip! Would enjoy reading some of yours! One thing I can tell you, I CAN keep a secret! XO SG

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!