Friday, April 16, 2010

Fab Press! You know How I love to "plain" talk right?

Hello Gals/Guys! Yes, I know it's hard to believe that men would take their chances by being in a room with 500 estrogen queens. I wish him luck in here. Thank goodness this is only my blog! RUN FOREST RUN! Ha! You may have noticed I have been a lot more saturated with media from television and publications nationally. Now with my new relationship as Party City's spokesperson and event expert along with getting our first book deal! I cannot tell you how lucky I feel to have these fab experiences. I love sharing them with you as I know you appreciate being around those who have good karma. You know how the saying goes, if you think positive and are around positive people, you become a better person. I have to admit these changes are scary and sometimes really hard. I have never been the public eye "type". I just look as what I do inspires aspiring planners and also gives our clients a taste of what the real side of me is. You don't get to see the good days and bad. We all have them. Doesn't matter where I am career wise. I am human and do struggle with making the right decisions that will help me grow as a person. Can you actually walk away from work or something of substance and say you give 100% of yourself, Let's be honest, no..... Every day I ask myself when leaving the office did I give 100% of myself today? Whether it means calming a bride or fixing a major issue someone has gotten themselves into. I do feel confident that I some how make this crazy world we are in a better place. I make people laugh, I assure them they are going to be fine. I tell my employees how proud I am of the coming out of their shell. We need a backbone in this business. I didn't have this kind of support when I started. So I can't tell you in better words how this make me feel. I feel alive. I feel important to so many people and most of all If this is what makes someone happy, I want to make it happen. Tonight I let go of something that was really important to me and my career. I know they were not happy. They didn't verbalize this to me...and let things fester for over a year. While the convo wasn't about ending the relationship, I realized I had to do the right thing. And that was to acknowledge what they felt from working with us and how unhappy this path has been. I don't know how they could stay in this position for that long. It could have been solved a long time ago. So I feel empty. I did the best I could. I asked my husband who is always the devils advocate to tell me if it was me, and he would say yes, but said this time, it's not about you. I guess he was right. I tried to give what they thought they wanted. Only to find it wasn't enough. I cannot make everyone happy, I will try. So for this new lesson, I know now I cannot give too much..There's going to be boundaries and we are starting fresh on Monday. Did you ever get into a situation like this? Did you ever think one way and had a totally different outcome? What did you do? I wanted to share a few fab articles tis the season...Thanks everyone for growing our following and for your many posts that inspire me to do even more. I don't have much family and am so appreciative I have a wonderful husband and daughter who loves me unconditionally. I didn't grow up with this and it's so incredible that I am able to recreate what I missed at age 6 for my daughter (6). She's the light of my life and keeps me who I am. I love her so much! Here's the NY Times article. The bride they interviewed was my client! She has just tyed the knot April 3rd and she was a joy to work with. I am really going to miss her. Not too much as we have become friends and she is just amazing!I will make sure we stay in contact as she's just a bubbly fun beautiful person and cannot wait to share her wedding with everyone! http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/fashion/weddings/04FIELD.html?pagewanted=all This was in the New York Daily News...Confessions of a NY Wedding Planner! Talk about an amazing piece! Jane Ridley a wonderful editor and friend has always made my info come to life! Thanks Jane. You are always exceeding expectations and are near to my heart! The article was "real" and you know that's the only way I work. Here you go!! http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Samantha+Goldberg If you have some advice on my situation, I would love to hear about it. Sometimes when I get your feedback I realize my decisions were right and I should trust my gut. Thanks everyone for supporting my career and always hanging in the background to see what things are going on in my world. xo Samantha

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!