Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bloomingdales Boston and Cosmopolitan Magazine is Out!

This week has been a rough one, both with Binky passing and travels to Boston for a great event with Bloomingdales. The store was absolutely amazing. The guest count was fantastic and I had fun speaking as well as mingling with brides. We decided to change the format of how I gave the presentation and made it more interactive. Dana Marcos Events was the floral artist behind the show. Dana is amazing. From the first time we spoke on the phone, he was exactly on the same page with me regarding decor. We decided it would be fun to mimic a celebrity wedding I did against a less costly version. We then asked the brides to guess which table was the celebrity and the "just like celebrity version". When we completed this activity, we had each person guess the price of each centerpiece! We had 2 RIGHT ON THE MONEY winners! They both walked away with gifts from Waterford and Lalique. Now that's a GREAT take home prize! Some of the brides thought the celebrity centerpiece was over $3000...Little did they know that even my A celebs this year are cutting back on guest count but are staying lavish on detail. Interesting huh? I have to tell you, I don't blame any of my SS clients for wanting something intimate. Why should they spend millions just because they have it? We are all on the same page with that comment right? I will post the pics as soon as they come back from the photographer. Thanks Dana! You made this event awesome. I look forward to working with you VERY soon! Even better news....Cosmopolitan Magazine Dec issue is out! I was like a kid in a candy store yesterday at the Boston Airport. OK. I got REALLY carried away. I saw the December issue and bought SEVERAL copies. The cashier asked why so many? I said ummmm, I just love Cosmo what can I say! The article is called "Confessions of a Wedding Planner". You will find it on pages 166-168 YES 2 full pages and a great mug shot! I love the article and am so excited that they chose me for this piece! Thanks Cosmo you could not have come at a better time. Let me know your thoughts please! I also finished taping the pilot for my own show today! We have been shooting for 3-4months now. I think the first round is about a 10 minute version. We then have to go back for more footage once they take out what they don't want. All I can tell you, it's hysterical, it's me...and NO DRAMA! Well fun drama and certainly not leaving you wonder if it really happened!I wanted to add humor and that's exactly how it appears. I may be able to post some raw footage on-line soon. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for me. I bury Binky along with the remains of Sheiba my other baby we had to put to sleep 4 years ago. They were best friends. I know now, they can finally play again. Thank you to everyone for the cards and special emails. It kept me strong when I felt like this week could not happen. I had so much to do and had no heart left to complete my tasks. But I did. I know life goes on, I just wish it would slow down so I can catch up. Binky's photo is attached this was taken a week ago. Shows you just how young he looked and still perky.

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!