Thursday, May 7, 2009

Structured Wedding Planning Does It Exist?

I always thought I was a structured worker. Needing things just so. If I look back, I think this made me crazy! I think systems are wonderful, but you need to leave room for changes. I'm not so sure everyone understands this while planning for the big day. I have told my clients many times while watching them get upset about the small things. I ask "Do you really want to focus on the cheese display being a bit empty or do you want to look at the BIG picture your ceremony went off lovely and the reception room couldn't be sweeter"? We look at each other and laugh. So typical, but so true. The little things we focus on. Why? I always find my clients saying it's easier to focus on the bad instead of the good. Or easier to hear the worst instead of the best. I'm not too great with criticism if it means it's destructive. I remember hearing in Pretty Woman my favorite movie, while they were laying in bed saying how special they thought each other were. Julia Roberts said " the bad things are easier to believe". Is it really this way? I find myself trying to keep our clients on the other side of this, as negative vibes prove nothing but more negative issues. I don't know about you, but this causes me to run! On television you may see this well put together planner..Inside this gal wants to dash for the door. But what will that solve? I think we all know after this many years in the business. You just learn to deal. This is what I teach my clients. To deal.. Even when it's really bad, what control do we have? Very little once the day has begun. Once you realize this is it, you tend to let things go, but on a normal day you may run for the hills. Anyone have this? I have to admit this may be me in a few ways! Looking forward to your thoughts? Do you find yourself being more critical as the day comes near? Do you focus on the bad things more than the good? Why? xoxo Sam

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!