Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brides Who Gain Weight Before The Wedding & Brides Who Lose it!

I know brides who gain weight have their own thoughts about brides who lose it. Let's be frank here. No one whose had ever had a weight problem could possibly understand how hard it is for people who are always thin. When we stress, it comes right off of us. I have worked with 100's of brides who are so stressed and lose weight like the snap of a finger. I was a bride once too...I had the dress "fitted" quite a few times. I remember in High School I wanted to find a way to gain weight. I was a twig, not super developed (no boobs lets be honest) and wanted more bulk. While most would say that was crazy, it was a personal insecurity. I know there are several of you who know how I feel. I'm not really sure who I recieved the skinny the genes from. I continuously ask my mother if she adopted me. I think that my mom had the hots for the Mailman and he could possibly be my dad. His name was Bob (how appropriate for a Mailman). She won't tell me his last name. She would kill me for writing this Ha! My dad swears he saw me come out in delivery. It's a personal joke I have with my mother. She just doesn't know I think it's true. We all have our mother issues right? Enough said! OK. The point of this post is to relay valuable information which could be crucial to what you gain or lose before the big day. I have been doing a lot of reading on changes with in the body internally that happen with age and or lifestyle. I have no idea why I am so interested in this. Maybe it is because I am turning 40 in a few months? I have noticed weird changes with my stomach and arms. Thicker in the upper arm and muffin top belly...Where did this come from? It's not genes. You don't just suddenly take after someone in your family after 40 years. Sadly, it comes from STRESS! We have so much more stress in our lives today. It was not like this in the 50's. I have had long conversations with my Grandmother about how things were. Was it really like the Leave It To Beaver show? It sure seemed like it was. The women had amazing bodies and extra curves were ok. We are so critical of ourselves and our bodies. All this does is provide more stress. We don't need it. While we envy women whom always seem to stay thin without working out, it is not always a benefit. When they stress, it comes off in MEGA pounds and you see it almost immediately. If you have weight issues you tend to gain more just by looking at a snickers bar. Based on what I have read, Cortisol is the main culprit as we get older. It stays in our tummies, it converts our stress into fat. Sometimes we can deplete it and can gain a lot of weight due to levels along with metabolism being too high or low. They actually work together. When we stress, our levels increase. This in turn slows everything down from metabolism, burning fat and energy levels. Makes sense right? Lets talk about people who eat when they are stressed. I know I have several friends who do this. This is just how you cope. This is not the best way of relieving stress. However, it is NOT always what you eat that causes you to get the muffin top belly, flabby tushes or thicker arms either. They say the best way to burn fat is to eat 6-8 little meals all day long. I have to tell you this is not bad advice. I truly believe that I trained myself to eat less at mealtime and have more little meals throughout the day. I look back to how I grazed growing up and how I wished I could take in more at breakfast, lunch or dinner. I never realized this was the right way to eat. This last year I have gone through some pretty heavy changes internally and externally. Being ill for almost 1/2 the year has changed my energy levels and my weight. Not to mention the effect this has had on my moods. I just could not give in to this. I am not going to be the first one at the plastic surgeon when they come up with a quicker less invasive way to lose weight or at least stay tone. I will be the second one! Seriously...Again...Back to research. What to do?? I am not happy with my body why not try a natural approach? I am sure you have all read about Oprah and the new weight loss miracle she has been working with the "Acai berry cleanse". For as much as I laughed at this, like every other false claiming miracle quick fix, this is something to look into. I love the Vitamin Shoppe. I have no idea why, but I do. Anyway, I was shopping one day(like I do everyday) and I came across this 32 ounce bottle of Acai juice. I checked out the ingredients and it sounded delicious so I bought it for $20. It has added juices such as Blueberry, pomegranate and cherry. It basically suggests you drink 2-4 ounces per day in the morning and that's it. It's quite tasty! After about a week on the juice, I noticed I had more energy no weight loss. The second week I noticed my skin looked brighter but no weight loss. I just felt good which I have not felt in a long time. It really wasn't until the 3rd week, where the detox issues REALLY began. I do not want to get graphic here but I am REALLY regular. I have searched on line for information on how many times a person can poop daily. Did you know that some people actually crap 2-3 times a day and that's normal? Wow! I am going to tell you in all honesty, I have been on this juice for almost 4 weeks now. I have lost 5 pounds and it's NOT water weight. I have not been stressed and I notice the loss is definitely in my stomach and upper legs. I do not see any difference in my upper arms yet. This I am disappointed about. I may actually have to lift weights which I hate. I always like to share new products that I have tried that work. It may not work for everyone, but I know it can/may work for some. Give it a try. If anything, it has great antioxidant properties. Stress can make us sick too! It doesn't hurt to at least protect against that. If you are going to try this, I highly recommend you try the liquid before the pills. I am weird with taking pills. I don't trust what's inside of a capsule. Especially with a company I have never heard of. I would suggest investing with a company you trust. I would also recommend based on my experience with "toxin removal" which by the way is still happening, that you not do this the week before your wedding. I would start a few months before. You do not want to have this issue when you are at your reception. I have had brides who have tried the juice fast (something totally different) the week of their wedding...NOT a pretty site! If anyone has tried the Acai Berry....Let us know. I am curious to see what other great things this fruit has done! Good Luck!

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!