Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SAVING MONEY!

While the stock market is in turmoil and companies are laying off departments, people who do not understand fiances are taking drastic measures. They are cutting back on everything. so much so that they forget to enjoy life. Why should you curb that? The holidays are coming closer and everyone in every industry is trying to find ways to keep business going. Even during in times that seem the worst! I was watching the news last night and it was discussing ways to save money with retail. For example several players in the market such as Macys, Urban Outfitters, etc...are starting their holiday sales now because retail is low. So how do we handle this in our industry? One quick answer: If you do not ask for a discount, you will not get the bonus! I know several brides and non-brides are afraid to ask the sales clerk behind the counter if they have any coupons. However, do you realize that most major department stores have secret discounts no less than 15% on top of the savings you are purchasing? Are you willing to give this up? Not me! This discount is NOT only for the retail market, but for the wedding industry as well. Again I will say, if you do not ask for a discount or at least a way to show you HOW you can afford them with the budget you have, you are missing out. Why do you feel you have to narrow your choices just because a vendor seems expensive? You are making a decision for them without even asking. By the way, if there are ANY vendors on the East coast NY, NJ, PA, ME that are offering substantial discounts PLEASE email me and I will post! I want to help you too! We have several vendors who would be willing to accommodate and work with any budget. Some of these vendors have won awards for their work and are highly publicized. Why would you want to waste such talent on a vendor with whom you have no referrals and their price is TOO good to be true?? Think about it. If you want practice in asking for a special fee...Try shopping as therapy! I know I have learned quite a bit from shopping. Yes, I have havoc in my home because I own 3 closets and have started taking over my husbands. The point I am trying to make is I am NOT afraid to ask anything about any discount with anyone! Nor should you! I want you to go out this week...Remember. Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to shop. Why? Because all sales start on these days. I want you to buy yourself something fun and ask the sales clerk for any coupons or promos! You can do it! If you think black Friday and after the holidays are the best times, you are seriously mistaken. In fact, sometimes the best deals are the Wed before Thanksgiving or a few days before X-Mas... Next piece of homework...I want you to email me to BRAG about your sale! You will be so proud of yourself once you see it's not a BAD thing to ask. It is SMART. This therapy will train you to ask in the future and if you are planning to wed soon will help you to save! Good luck and happy shopping..By the way, if you see any cute boots, I am a size 7! Ha! xoxox Sam

No comments:

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!