Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sex and The City Movie I FINALLY watched it!

After months and months of saying I was going to see SITC it was too late and no longer in any theatres at least on the East coast. I did find one location at the time in FL, but that would be a bit to the extreme if I traveled for a movie. I have been known to be extremely spontaneous, so the thought did cross my mind. I know, it's pathetic. I really LOVED the movie! I know some have mixed reviews. But the concept of the on/off again relationship, I am way too familiar with. Watching characters go through what I have already was enough to make me break out into tears. The whole turing "40" I know too well. I still have single friends like Samantha struggling to find themselves. I also have friends who struggle to stay in the relationship too. I think you reach a certain point in a relationship whether married or not when you think to yourself, is this it? I have had many conversations with brides about the "after" part of marriage and is it really happily ever after. While I would like to believe in the white picket fence story, I am not sure that all stories work that way. All relationships have trials and tribulations. One thing I know for sure is marriage takes work. So many women and men once they get engaged, forget that after the wedding, the reality settles and we have to focus on the relationship again. While planning someones wedding, I constantly try to get our couples to focus on just that. I do not want culture shock for them when the party is over. And for some, the reality REALLY sinks in after the honeymoon. So when you hear "the honeymoon is over" that's when you know, you're back! This is the time of year where I spend my time thinking about what I want to write in columns for new brides. While I love talking about when and what you should plan, I think there is one area for sure that gets left out. The relationship before the word "wedding" interjected! The big question "Does marriage change the relationship"? The answer is clearly stated, yes. After watching hundreds of relationships and the movie today, it was the icing on the cake for me. Change doesn't have to be a bad thing. In fact, change could be a great thing for relationships and the status of one. I guess we realize what changes we can handle while getting ready for a prominent one right? I would be lying if I said I did not have cold feet too! So for those of you who write in asking if these feelings really do occur in other relationships, they certainly do. You are not alone and by all means not crazy. Even if people say you are, they are only voicing their own opinion. Which may not mean a whole lot especially if they are single or divorced! Drama makes the world go round! Without it, we would feel empty. This is only true for the good drama! I do believe there is such a thing. I would love your thoughts about the movie! I know there were several quizzes on line months ago about whose personality you related to: Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda and Carrie. I think I was a bit Carrie and Miranda. Do you have a friend circle like this? I did in Chicago and am slowly starting to gain it back again in NJ. Like every relationship it takes time. I have just been a bit impatient! Any fun stories this weekend? Not on my end! Our weddings went well...It was a happily ever after for 3 of our couples. They are now on their way to some tropical paradise for a week or 2. When they get back, the world will still be the same except for the status on an application single or married! Can't wait to hear some feedback!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a friend circle like the gals on SIC but we lost touch after I moved out here. I really miss it! I'm working on one here although work and family keeps everyone pretty busy!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean! It is hard to establish that kind of bond with gals... The boys can make this happen anywhere/anytime. Why is it so difficult with women??

Amalyn Ortega said...

Hi Samantha!

Sorry I'm late but I'm new to this hee hee.

Omg you just saw that movie now! When SIC came out I gathered a few friends and we all went to the movies the first night it aired and after we went to a bar and had cosmos in honor of the movie I love it! It really was a girls night out all across the country that's what it seemed like to me lol.I truly understand though what you mean when it comes to having or making friends like the girls from SIC. I think what happenes is that once everyone grows up and starts a family it's sorta hard to make time for friends but I think that we really need to take the time and cherish the friends we have and not let everyday life get in the way.

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!