Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Dress...

So Brides, we've arrived at the finish line for the first round of engagement 2009! Yahoo! A lot of BLING being bought for us and that includes Diamonique on QVC.. Check for the "Made in China" inside the band JK!! Scratch a mirror! EEEK! It's amazing that 19% of America becomes engaged during Thanksgiving and New Years Day. Let's be honest, how many of you started trying on dresses well before this date? Come on, I am waiting for you to admit it! You know once you START chatting about MAYBE getting engaged, you RUN to Kleinfeld's, Davids or the closest dress shop. I have overheard gals, with their friends, giggling away in the dressing rooms. I laugh when I sit down with some of my clients and before I begin going down the list of what we need, they say "I have my dress". How can I not laugh? I think where we need to take a step back is when we get a call saying they have EVERYTHING set, but the ring. WOW! Maybe the man too? There is a show in the UK where you see this very successful, attractive woman who cannot seem to find Mr. Right. She hooks up with a wedding planner and the 2 of them plan an entire wedding while trying to find this "man". I believe it has the same take as the Bachelor, but obviously they are looking everywhere for this man! You don't have 100 candidates under one location just waiting for you. Heck if this is how it's done why did it take me 33 years? I LOVE the premise of this show. I just feel for the man who is hunted down to fill this part. Can you imagine if you were the guy, you go to the altar and then find out this really attractive, smart woman is NOT so something special? Scary! It's like waking up one day after being married for 20 years and saying to yourself, who is that laying next to me! OK. I'm not going there! Going back to my original ask of who finds the dress before the ring, can you explain why you do this? What if the ring never comes? What if you put a deposit down on a dress and it just doesn't get to that point? I have to share a little secret, obviously, I'm already married. I was in Macy's this week taping a segment for My "9". I was being "fitted" for the show. I was then given this amazing dress to try on. I lit up like a Christmas tree when I looked in the mirror. I SO understand the feeling you have inside when you try on that magical flow of fabric. I felt like a princess and did not want to take it off. I'm admitting that even us "old married gals" still get that rush of adrenaline trying on gowns. I have attached a pic of the dress for your review. I'm chuckling right now because it's me being a nut, what else is new...But I think for a marriage that needs some REFRESHMENT..Maybe this dress fix is just what you need to feel super sexy and "alive" again. You can go to any dress shop bring a friend for photography and shoot away. This is sure to revamp the wedding blues..So gals, I'm not saying NO to the dress GET IT! I'm saying YES to the dress, but for amusement purposes only. If you have your ring that's great! Go for it and don't stop until you find your own magic! However, if you are not engaged, are hoping for it, wait! You will feel less angst, pressure or possibly disappointment if you do this too early. If this is not the right time, there will be a right time. but not if you hunt it down. Did you ever hear the saying that good luck finds you. Things that are meant to be find a way into your heat and soul. No matter what. If it's meant to happen, it's going to happen, unless you play with fate. I know we can all agree playing with the fate monster is not always going to have a peachy outcome. Take it slow and the DRESS will flow!!! Happy Planning! If anyone has a shot of their dress they would like to share, I would be honored to share you with our readers! Now that would be great fun, right? Flaunt it sassy!

2 comments:

Amalyn Ortega said...

You look sassy in that dress! Love it!

Unknown said...

Looking gorgeous.!! Pretty dress! Thanks for sharing the photo.

I devote my time to ensuring our clients recieve fab service. There's another "calling" for me. To give back to my peers that aspire to be the next "best" fancy pants somebody! Those who play it safe standing behind me, will fail. I do serve as a warning to others and yes, I'm nutty. It's who I am & it's not going to change, as it works. Feel free to comment & join me on what could be the best road trip EVER!

Not That Sassi Planner Again???

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!

Bling and Pearls Can Be The Icing on The Cake!
Too Good Too Eat.

Just admit it, I say off the wall things...And it works!